Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 7 - Framing, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing! Oh My!

This week was a bit quieter than ones in the past, but there was still much accomplished.  HVAC contractors were in with the ducting and installation.  Plumbing and electric were also in.  What was cool is that my brother and dad were able to get a walkthrough Friday morning with our PM who showed them things and talked through his process.  My dad, who has been a Ryan Homes skeptic, was thoroughly impressed with our PM, his attention to detail, and the quality of the work being done in our house.  Look, if it passes my dad's inspection, I have all the confidence in the world that this house will be done really well! 

They were able to get a ton of pictures, which was amazing.

In the pictures, note the orange paint.  That means my PM doesn't like something and is making the contractor fix it.  When it's done, he paints it black.  If he still hates it, he paints it green and they fix it a third time.

Basement


Basement egress window


Furnace


Morning room


Door from morning room


Family room


View from kitchen through mudroom to garage


Upstairs bathroom



 




We also chatted with our PM Friday after work because he needed to confirm our availability to come in the week of the 4th for our pre drywall walkthrough (what?).  We will be going in at 9am Thursday to do the walkthrough, which means we have to leave Virginia Wednesday after work (4pm) to do the 9 hour drive.  If we had been able to have more notice, we would have flown, but will deal.



2 comments:

  1. Exciting that you'll get to be there for the pre drywall meeting! Hope your drive goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trane 16 seer installation Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete